You are booked!
Please open the confirmation email from Beepboop.us and add the event to your calendar.
If you need to cancel or reschedule, please use the "cancel or reschedule" link at the bottom of your confirmation email. This will free up room for a fellow language learner :)
Preparing for Drill is easy
- Download the Zoom video conferencing app on your smartphone (iOS & Android) or computer before your Drill starts. Make sure you give Zoom permission to use your microphone
- Find a quiet room with good wifi/cell reception. You will be speaking a lot!
- Drills are audio-only, so don't worry about how you look
If you want to select the Drill topic and prepare for Drill with digital flashcards please become a VIP
Tips during your Drill
- Your microphone will be live when you are in class 🎤
- Be mindful that everything you say will be heard 👂
- If you want to practice or repeat sentences during Drill, try muting yourself 🤫 and then quickly unmuting yourself when the Drill Instructor or another student calls on you
- You will be sent a report card including your class rank, score on pronunciation and memory retention, and words to practice. This grade is confidential between you a Beepboop
What is Drill?
Drill is a speaking-focused, 25-minute long, online group language lesson. Each Drill is taught by a live Drill Instructor in a round robin style where students are kept on the edge of their seats as they’re guided through a series of increasingly challenging memory retention and pronunciation exercises.
The teaching method of Beepboop’s online Drills is influenced by pedagogical work pioneered at Dartmouth College by Professor John Rassias. This method, while eccentric, is proven to get students comfortable speaking a new language extremely fast.
What Makes Drill Unique?
During a 25-minute Drill you'll speak ~300 words and "mouth" 1,000 words
Drill is designed to keep you on the edge of your seat and have your brain operating at 100%. It's not easy, but you'll be amazed how much you'll retain after just one 25-minute Drill
Messy Hair Don't Care
This is an online, audio-only class, so don't worry how you look. We won't see you! Audio-only classes help improve listening comprehension skills and create a more comfortable environment for making mistakes
What topic will we study in Drill?
Knowing what will be studied is a luxury only the VIP Students can enjoy. If you want to select the topic, become a VIP. Here are some of the VIP perks:
- Decide the lesson the entire Drill learns
- Prepare for Drill with unlimited access to flashcards+
- Never get bored. We add at least one new Drill topics each week!
- Book smaller sized Drills
- Speak more during each Drill
- Know when your favorite Drill Instructors are teaching
- Receive more personalized feedback after each Drill
- Get the most love from the Drill Instructor